By Vanshika Navlani
Note Tap the screen for next slide
Few other regions in North America have scenery like those seen in Big Sky Country. Check out the best places to visit in Montana!
1. Bozeman The university town of Bozeman is located in southwest Montana and offers easy access to the great outdoors. As home to Montana State University.
2. Missoula The collegiate town of Missoula is definitely worth a trip or extended stay. The city has a thriving local community and collegiate population.
3. Whitefish In far Northwest Montana, Whitefish is a notable station on the Empire Builder Amtrak route. Also, it is a great starting point for trips to other beautiful locations.
4. Butte In western Montana, near the junction of Interstate 90 and Interstate 15, Butte provides an authentic Montana experience and place to visit.
5. Helena It has been the state capital since 1889 and was once known as Last Chance Gulch, has a rich history entwined with the Montana Gold Rush.
6. Flathead Lake Its 180-mile coastline makes it one of the biggest lakes in the American West outside of Alaska.
7. Great Falls An increasing number of top-notch museums, eateries, and authentic Montana experiences can be found in Great Falls.
8. Philipsburg and Anaconda South Central Montana is home to two historic towns that are now popular tourist destinations: Philipsburg and Anaconda.
9. Livingston In western Montana, it lies near the Yellowstone River. The local artists who currently dwell in this western village blend nicely with the Old West feel of the area.
10. Virginia City There are presently few valuable minerals left in this now-ghost town west of Yellowstone National Park, which was once the most active Gold Rush location in the state.
A huge national forest covering millions of acres is also found in the state, along with some of the largest wilderness areas in the nation.
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!