By Malvika Kashyap
Note Tap the screen for next slide
Taormina is situated in an incredibly picturesque location on a rocky terrace perched high above the Ionian Sea on Sicily's east coast. Check out the things to do in Taormina.
1. Piazza IX Aprile and San Giuseppe A square stone clock tower designates this plaza as the start of the town's historic district.
2. Madonna della Rocca The scenic mountain town of Castelmola may be reached by taking the winding path from the Circonvallazione that leads to the castle.
3. Isola Bella A tiny, rocky island with a natural preserve in the sea under Taormina is practically connected to the mainland by a sandy beach.
4. Castelmola Castelmola is ranked as one of the Most Beautiful Towns in Italy, but it is not just the vistas that draw visitors.
5. Porta Catania Taormina's main thoroughfare, Corso Umberto, comes to a conclusion at Porta Catania, a gate built in 1400 and bearing the Aragon coat of arms.
6. Palazzo Corvaja The palace, which is Taormina's best-preserved palazzo, features a later triple window beneath exquisite curving arches in the Saracen tower from the 10th century.
7. Sant'Agostino Built in 1448, the little Gothic church of Sant'Agostino is devoted to Saint Sebastian, who was thought to have miraculously protected the city from the plague.
8. Alcantara Gorge It is a spectacular canyon with remarkable rock formations that is barely five meters broad and 50 meters deep.
9. Teatro Greco The Greek Theater, which was first constructed in the third century BC under Hiero II of Syracuse, is Taormina's most well-known monument.
10. Corso Umberto The entire street appears designed for strolling and pausing to take in the views of Mount Etna and the sea with its squares and terraces, stores, and outdoor cafés.
So, there are some of the best attractions and things to do in Taormina. I hope you've enjoyed this guide! Share it with friends.
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!