By Malvika Kashyap
Note Tap the screen for next slide
Rome is so large that it can be difficult to know where to start. This helpful list of the best places to visit in Rome will help you decide which locations are the greatest to see.
1. The Pantheon For its 2000 years, the Pantheon, the best-preserved structure from Roman antiquity, remains astonishingly unaltered.
2. Roman Forum The forum feels like a portal into the heart of ancient Rome, even though it is located in the center of a bustling modern metropolis.
3. The Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine The Colosseum, the largest building from Roman antiquity still standing, continues to serve as a model for sports venues.
4. Vatican City With a landmass of less than 0.5 km2, the Vatican is the smallest autonomous state in the world. The majority of its territory is encircled by its walls.
5. Trevi Fountain This 17th-century masterpiece is one of the city's most visited tourist destinations and has been shown so often in movies that a visit is virtually a necessity.
6. Vittorio Emanuele II Monument Ironically, while being one of Italy's national emblems, this imposing structure is rarely liked by Romans, who compare it to a wedding cake or a massive typewriter.
7. Piazza Navona The form of the Roman stadium erected here by Emperor Domitian may still be seen in Piazza Navona, one of Rome's most recognizable Baroque squares.
8. Palatine Hill The Palatine Hill, which is strategically positioned 50 meters above the Tiber, displays signs of Rome's early habitation.
9. Baths of Caracalla It was a complex of enormous halls with domes and vaulting that were supported by enormous columns and piers, and it had a 300 square meter footprint.
10. Church of San Clemente The most exquisitely adorned apse in the city, with mosaics depicting scenes from the Old and New Testaments, is found in one of Rome's oldest churches.
There are plenty places to visit and explore in Rome. Do not feel limited by the suggestions we've made here. Happy Travel!
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!