By Malvika Kashyap
Note Tap the screen for next slide
In the eastern portion of a collapsed caldera, in the Southern Aegean, stands the magnificent island of Santorini. Check out the things to do in Santorini!
1. Museum of Prehistoric Thera This amazing museum in Fira now houses a lot of the relics from Akrotiri. The four sections of the museum focus on Thera's geology and volcanic activity.
2. Perissa Beach This black volcanic sand beach sits on the island's southern shore, and it may be seen in pictures of Santorini.
3. Caldera Boat Tour Cruises around the caldera of Santorini are an example of a touristic activity that is necessary to fully experience a location.
4. Nea Kameni In order for you to go ashore, the majority of tourist boats will anchor at this island in the caldera.
5. Visit Oia The hamlet of Oia, probably the most attractive on Santorini and the ideal spot to watch the sun set, is perched above the northern rim of the caldera.
6. Akrotiri 3,600 years ago, a volcanic eruption engulfed the ancient city of Akrotiri, preserving many of the homes above one floor & leaving frescoes in exceptional preservation
7. Imerovigli If there is a good time to visit, it is around sunset, when visitors from all over the world flock to see the vista of the caldera to the west.
8. Skaros Rock The largest and once-home to hundreds of people, Skaros Rock was one of Santorini's five Venetian walled villages during the Middle Ages.
9. Megalochori The picture-perfect town of Megalochori, which is located further from the caldera's edge and may be considered Santorini's wine capital, is rarely visited by visitors.
10. Amoudi Bay They descend mainly for the best fish and seafood tavernas on the island, all with the sound of the waves lapping at your feet.
At the summit of ominous, black cliffs, Santorini's settlements are comprised of tiers of whitewashed cave dwellings with blue entrances. Happy Travel!
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!