By Malvika Kashyap
Note Tap the screen for next slide
It ranks as the fifth-largest island in the Mediterranean and is the largest of the Greek islands. Check out the things to do in Crete, Greece.
1. Agios Nikolaos Around 65 kilometres east of Heraklion, on the north shore of Crete, is this delightful little city.
2. Chania The largest city in Western Crete, Chania once served as the island's capital before being replaced by Heraklion in 1971.
3. Samaria Gorge One of the most well-liked activities on Crete for tourists seeking exercise is walking the famed 16-kilometer route that passes through the canyon.
4. Beaches One of the most popular activities for most tourists to Crete between spring and fall is relaxing on the island's stunning beaches.
5. Heraklion The capital of the island is Heraklion, which is a welcome surprise for first-timers. The Old Town is a tangle of charming streets with sidewalk cafes and stores.
6. Rethymnon Rethymnon is an ideal day trip destination from the resorts on the north coast because it provides all you need to justifiably leave the beach for the day.
7. Preveli Monastery Entry to the monastery is subject to a nominal fee, and modest attire is required. If a woman's attire doesn't reach past her knees, skirts are given.
8. Plakias Plakias maintains a small-town atmosphere and offers some of the best cuisine in the neighborhood, in contrast to many of the developed northern coastal communities.
9. Frangokastello There are fine restaurants, an old fort, and some wonderful beaches in this seaside town, but no tourist stores. It is undoubtedly one of Crete's hidden jewels.
10. Diktaion Cave Among the 4,500 caverns and sinkholes in Crete, the Diktaion Cave is regarded as one of the best. Its cool surroundings provide a welcome respite from Crete's heat and sun.
With our list of the top sites to see in Crete, I hope you have gained more knowledge on where to go and what to see. Happy Travel!
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!