By Malvika Kashyap
Note Tap the screen for next slide
The third-largest city in Germany and the capital of Bavaria, Munich, is located on the Isar River, near the Bavarian Alps. Check out the things to do in Munich.
1. Visit Englischer Garten The 910-acre English Garden in Munich is not only the biggest municipal park in Germany, but it's also one of the prettiest.
2. Go to Munich Residenz The Munich Residenz, one of Europe's most magnificent palaces, served as the residence of the dukes, electors, and kings of Bavaria for many years.
3. The Olympic Park Olympic Park in Munich, which hosted the Summer Olympics in 1972, spans around 2.7 million square metres on the Oberwiesenfeld.
4. Hellabrunn Zoo Hellabrunn Zoo, which covers 89 acres, is frequently named among the top zoos in Europe.
5. St. Peter's Church St. Peter's Church, Munich's oldest parish church, is lovingly referred to as "Old Peter" and is situated on Petersberg, a tiny hill that was first inhabited by monks.
6. Hofgarten The Hofgarten was originally intended as an Italian Renaissance garden, but as time went on, it became to resemble the then-favorite landscape gardens.
7. Deutsches Museum It is the largest technological museum in the world, and its 17,000 objects depict a variety of exhibitions.
8. Frauenkirche The unusual footprint on the porch's floor that the devil is alleged to have left after visiting the chapel is a well-known mystery.
9. Cuvilliés Theater The Cuvilliés Theater was constructed in 1755 and is the best example of a Rococo theater with tiered boxes in Germany.
10. The Theatine Church of St. Cajetan Numerous saint sculptures made of marble and the lantern with a lion weathervane perched atop the dome are notable exterior features.
Using this helpful list of Munich's top tourist sites and activities to do can help you organize your trip. Happy Travel!
Next Web Story
To visit next Web Story, Swipe Up the following button or Click on it Thank You!